MY GUT REPAIR JOURNEY
Great Day Attainers!
I am so excited to share with you all an update as we head into Day 5!
My main candida issue, the itching, has reduced SO MUCH! I’m in total shock! I’ve been trying to get rid of this for 5 years now! Just crazy.
My belly feels so much better too! I’m really enjoying this new lifestyle.
As mentioned yesterday, I had some bloating with the cauliflower soup. Let’s see if portion size has to do with it later when I have more.
Oh, and I’m craving meat Lol. I have decided I will end my veggie cleanse tomorrow. I gave it 3 days and I’m okay with that 😊
Today I will be having more of the cauliflower soup because I really do like it. I’ll eat half a bowl and see how it goes.
For dinner, I’m really excited to try a recipe my sister suggested: Zoodles with tomato sauce. (See warning in my summary notes)
All of it will be homemade. Here’s a recipe I found for Homemade Italian tomato sauce and what I’ll be using:
Homemade Tomato Sauce:
- Tomatoes (semi-pureed in a food processor)
- Onion (diced)
- Mushrooms (I added to mimic meat) (diced)
- Garlic (diced)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasonings
- Himalayan salt
- Sautee onions and garlic and then add mushrooms until sauteed
- Add tomatoes and seasonings
- Cook, cook, cook! Lol seriously, the longer you simmer it the more flavor it will have.
*Tip: Make a big batch so you have plenty for the week. It requires a lot of tomatoes as they are processed down and simmered down too.
- 1 zucchini
- Garlic diced
- Olive oil
- Use a veggie spiralizer or something of the sort and turn the zucchini into “noodles” (or buy store bought)
- Heat olive oil and add garlic and zoodles
- Cook until the desired doneness
Here’s the finished product! Looks good huh! 😃
I have to say, the tomato sauce came out FANTASTIC! This meal was so so good!
Highs & Lows
- 6 am: Woke up feeling very energetic!
- 7:25 am: Half a bowl of India cauliflower soup
- Yay! I didn’t feel bloated. Reducing the portion size for me worked!
- Noon: Salad with Indian cauliflower soup
- 4 pm: Flax crackers-Homemade recipe here (We love Chef John!)
- 8:15 pm: Zoodles with tomato sauce
- Oh my
….I feel terrible!!! It tasted so good but the acid in the tomatoes is killing me 😣
Day 5 Summary
Day 5 went really well until the evening after eating the tomato sauce.
Holy cow I feel AWFUL!
My stomach is so bloated and the acid in my throat is really bad. I’m really disappointed because it tasted so good but my gosh this feeling is horrible.
I tried a solution of 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/4 Tsp baking soda and it helped cut the bloating a bit but not fully and it didn’t help with the acid.
Ending the night early and going to lie down and go to bed.
Better wishes for tomorrow!
What’s Working For You?
Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Open up your Hearts, Eyes, and Minds and Let’s Attain Your Awesome today!
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, professional or anything of the sort. I’m a girl sharing her gut repair journey with others in hopes that it sheds more light on living our healthiest selves*