MY GUT REPAIR JOURNEY
Great Day Attainers!
WHEW! We made it to solids!!! Lol It’s like we’re cheering for a baby that graduates from baby food to solids 🤣
I won’t lie, I’m doing a happy dance Lol
Okay, so it is completely up to you but for me, I am moving on to the Veggie cleanse that Dr. Axe suggests. This will last for 3-5 days, I’ll decide how many days later.
You can have any non-starchy veggies you like. I found this list super helpful!
Honestly, my favorite veggies are potatoes and corn and as you see, those are not approved….*Booooo!* Lol
I decided to choose cauliflower and peppers and mushrooms for some of the meals I’ll have over the next few days.
And, I am relying HEAVILY on spices. I like Mexican and Indian flavors and that will really help spice things up.
- Cauliflower tortilla shells
- Cauliflower hash
Cauliflower Tortilla Shells
Today my plan was to have tacos….yum! Lol but with veggies. (You’ll see why I said “was” in a moment)
For the taco shell, I found this recipe for cauliflower tortillas. Thanks to Lori Lange at Recipe Girl for this really great recipe!
Now, why I said “was” is because I couldn’t get them to turn out correctly 😭
I really tried to get all the water out, my strong boyfriend even squeezed for me, but after I added the flax egg they were still wet.
The other issue I had was while they cooked on the Silpat, the bottoms just steamed so there was no turning them over as they just crumbled when I tried.
I was really sad about this. I just wanted tacos Lol!
After looking at some Masala/Curry recipes, I decided to make a hash with the veggies to fill the taco shells instead of making it into a curry.
Now, this turned out fantastic! I was really pleased and will actually make it again.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 or more mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Tandoori seasoning
- Cracked black pepper
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- *Note: All spices are to your own taste level
- Dice up all veggies to your liking
- Toss with oil (reduce oil if using fewer veggies or cannot have it)
- Add all spices
- Toss until well coated, marinate in the fridge for 30 mins
- Cook on the stove until you reach your desired doneness
- *Note: I liked it a little crispy so I cooked it in a frying pan a little longer
Here’s my final product with the now couscous and hash 🤣
Highs & Lows
- 6 am: Woke up and minus feeling a bit tired from not going to bed until 2 am, I feel pretty good but I do feel hungry and I’m excited to get solids in
- 9:30 am: After 2 hours of prep and cooking in the kitchen, I’m FINALLY getting solid foods in me. It turned out delicious!
- *Side Note: This meal made me feel full and bloated and it was only from 1 cup of the hash and about 1/4 cup of the couscous.
- 11:15 am: I got very fatigued again and lied down for a nap. Really crazy for me to be sleeping so much but without some protein, I suspect it’s not keeping me going, not sure. We napped for 2 hours 😳
- 2 pm: Had a second helping of the cauliflower hash, approximately 1 cup
- *Side Note: Again I’m feeling big and bloated. Not sure what the deal is but I’m watching it
- 8 pm: I braved Target and made it through the store without buying food I didn’t need Whoot!
- 10 pm: Ate a salad with the cauliflower hash in it. It tasted pretty good and I didn’t feel bloated so huge bonus!
- 2 am: Finally hitting the sack Lol I think these naps are screwing up my sleep schedule!
Day 3 Summary
Day 3 has gone well minus the fatigued feeling again. I will need to research if I’m missing the protein and need to do something about it or, just work with my body through it.
Knowing that I’m putting my body through a SERIOUS change and possibly a shock, I’m trying to listen to it as best as I can and do what it tells me to.
So, minus the bloating and fatigue, it was a pretty good day.
What’s Working For You?
Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Open up your Hearts, Eyes, and Minds and Let’s Attain Your Awesome today!
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, professional or anything of the sort. I’m a girl sharing her gut repair journey with others in hopes that it sheds more light on living our healthiest selves*