MY GUT REPAIR JOURNEY
Great Day Beautiful Attainers!
Welcome to day 1 of my gut repair journey 😀
Today I started with the liquid candida cleanse that I mentioned yesterday.
For a short recap, here’s what I purchased:
Grocery List & Directions
- 1 whole organic onion
- 1 whole bulb of organic garlic
- 1 whole organic bundle of celery
- 1/2 a bundle of organic kale
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 quarts water
- Combine all items and simmer. Strain and discard the veggies keeping only the broth. Sip on the broth all day while warm.
- ENSURE that you also have at least 72 oz of water
Prepping Veggies & My Mind
I have been practicing and firmly believe that what we think about we bring about.
I knew that I had to go into this whole process with a great mindset. There’s no room for “ugh this will be gross” or “there are other ways you can eat”.
Nope, I’ve made my decision, I can see my future self, feeling great and healed… so move out of the way negativity!
For the veggie prep, it was super simple. Just wash and roughly cut them up.
I tossed all the veggies in after the water was boiling and added the salt in too. I simmered them for approximately 30-45 mins.
Once cooked, I strained all the veggies out and then strained the liquid again through a finer strainer just to get all the debris out.
And that’s all! Super easy. And this recipe will last both my boyfriend and I all day. Yay for his support huh! ❤️
Well….it tastes good! Mikey likes it! Haha (remember those commercials?)
It’s so odd and actually, my bf said I was weird, but I think it tastes like chicken broth minus the filmy fat that’s usually on top of the broth.
Call me crazy and maybe I’m craving chicken right now Lol but it tasted pretty good.
DRINK YOUR WATER!
Yes, I’m semi yelling at you right now, but in a nice way. Many of us don’t get enough ounces during the day and with this cleanse it’s super important to drink our water. 🚰
Dr. Axe recommends no less than 72 ounces a day during this cleanse.
Okay so now that that little firm finger-shaking is out of the way, here’s more about how my day went.
High’s and Low’s
Let me first preface this by saying that
But don’t let that stop you! If you know you need to heal yourself and you have a vision of yourself feeling better than you do now, then you must hold on to that vision and do what’s best for you.
I’ll put it in a timeline:
- 5 am: Woke up (damn time change Lol)
- 7 am-Began prep and cooked broth
- 8 am-Had my first glass, 8oz and it was yum!
- 11am-I got
suuuupertired so we made some Pau D’arco tea. Click here to see Dr. Axe explain more about its benefits
- 3 pm-Headache…it’s only mild and I know with detoxes/cleanses this can happen so I’m focusing on other things, like writing to you all 🙂
- 430 pm: Had my second helping of 8oz of broth. It’s still pretty tasty and filling too.
- 6 pm: I’m hungry! Haha! We knew this would kick in at some point right? My headache is still here and actually feels more sinus related so I’m keeping an eye on it
- 830 pm: 😴😴 I finally gave in and took a nap. I know, for a 5 am wake up that would be most people’s “I’m taking my ass to
bed time” Lol! But I had more to do with my day so I took a nap
- 11 pm: Woke up and I felt better after getting some rest. I ended up staying up until 2 am. The 6 am alarm clock will come early tomorrow Lol
Day 1 Summary
So all in all for Day 1, not bad. I kept in good spirits, I tried to think of other things to occupy my mind instead of food.
I did feel really tired a couple of times throughout the day and I rested when I needed.
What’s Working For You?
Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Open up your Hearts, Eyes, and Minds and Let’s Attain Your Awesome today!
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, professional or anything of the sort. I’m a girl sharing her gut repair journey with others in hopes that it sheds more light on living our healthiest selves*